Two minor brothers, a one-and-a-half-year-old and a five-year-old, died on Sunday afternoon reportedly due to food poisoning, read a statement issued by Karachi Police.
According to SSP South Pir Muhammed Shah, the victims’ mother was also rushed to the hospital and is currently under treatment at the South City Hospital in Clifton.
The family had reportedly dined out the previous night at Arizona Grill restaurant located in Defence Housing Authority’s (DHA) Zamzama area in Phase V and had later consumed sweets from Chunky Monkey amusement park located in Phase IV, DHA.
Police have initiated a probe into the matter and both facilities have been sealed for forensic investigations.
Meanwhile, Sindh IG Kaleem Imam also took notice of the incident after it was reported on various media outlets. The Sindh police chief has also sought a detailed report from SSP Shah to be submitted at the earliest.